Microsoft Outlook won’t often connect to the Exchange server, and due to Microsoft Outlook is considered futile. In such cases, you choose to uninstall and then reinstall the Outlook app. However, there are many other ways which are more effective and can resolve the issue.
This article will let you know the step by step instructions by which you can solve Outlook connectivity issues. To understand these instructions you don’t need to be an IT expert, so anyone can understand them and can get MS Outlook re-connected to their Exchange server.
Uncheck the offline mode
When your emails are not working, it means that the Outlook is on ‘offline’ mode. You have to uncheck this; you need to click on the ‘File menu’. For this, you have to check whether there is a check mark next to Work Offline if it is there then uncheck it and you should be good to go. You can follow the steps mentioned below to uncheck the offline mode:-
Read Here >> How to sync Windows 10 phone with OneDrive account?
- In the first step, you have to click on the ‘Send/Receive’ option.
- Now, you have to search and then click on the ‘Work Offline’ option.
- In this step, you have to click on the ‘Offline’ button to proceed further.
- Now, you will see the ‘Trying to connect…’ message at the bottom of your Outlook Window.
- Wait for a while to connect, if it connects then your problem is resolved if not, then you can proceed to next step.
Click on ‘Restart’ option
You can try to restart your MS Outlook application and if it fails then try to restart your PC. Many times, you can resolve the issue by simply restarting your computer. There can be chances that the issue is caused by the computer having connectivity issues. If you are unable to reach a website, then it’s more likely the same problem.
Run the ‘Repair installation’ to resolve the connectivity issue
In order to solve the MS Outlook connection issue, you can run the ‘repair installation’ in Microsoft Office. This will solve the issue which cannot be solved by other standard fixes. To do this, you can follow the steps mentioned below:-
- In the first step, you have to open the Control Panel.
- Now, you have to click on the ‘Programs and Features’ to proceed further.
- Locate where you have installed your MS Office software and then select it.
- Now click on the ‘Change’ option.
- Select and click on the ‘Repair’ option from the resulting window.
- Now click on the ‘Continue’ option.
- Wait for the ‘Repair’ process to get complete.
- Now, reboot your computer once the repair process gets complete.
- Restart your computer and check whether your Outlook is working fine or not.
Recreate your Outlook profile
If no option works, then you can choose to recreate your MS Outlook profile. It is suggested to create a new profile without creating the older one. To recreate your profile, you need to know the settings you have done to your Outlook account. So you should have the information about your MS Outlook account before you begin to recreate the same. You can follow the steps mentioned below to create a new profile:-
- In the first step, you have to open the Control panel.
- Now, click and open the Mail.
- Click on the ‘Show Profiles’ option.
- Click on the ‘Add’ option.
- Now, enter a name for the profile.
- Go through the Outlook account setup wizard.
- Once the profile is good to go, you can choose to set that profile as the default or delete the old profile.
If you are still unable to solve the Outlook connectivity issues, then it’s time to give a call to Microsoft Tech Support. There can be many reasons such as issues with DNS, an Exchange issue or other possibilities responsible for the same problem. So it’s suggested that you should get in touch with the MS support team who will assist you with the best possible solution to resolve your issue.